I hope everyone had a wonderful Fourth of July! I spent my 4th watching fireworks and making pie, and it is hard to imagine a better holiday. But before more pie, we all need a nice, easy, healthy dish, Chipotle Apricot Glazed Fish.
This dish is very quick and easy, but it gives a base for a nice technique. A really easy way to make a sauce is to use jam as the base. Jam is loaded with pectin, which is what makes it thick. So you can use the pectin to make a quick sauce. You can use it as a glaze like in this dish, where it is cooked on. If you want to make it into a sauce you can cook it separately and just add a little more liquid to loosen it up to a nice sauce-like consistency.
I served this with mixed squash steamed and served in butter. This recipe makes 2 servings.
5 oz apricot jam
¼ chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
½ tsp soy sauce
2 6oz pieces of cod or other white fish
1) Chop the chipotle into very fine pieces.
2) Mix together jam, chipotle, and soy sauce.
3) Rub the fish with the jam mixture.
4) Cook the fish under the broiler for about 4 minutes, until the jam is bubbling and the fish is just done.
5) Let cool before touching it (the jam is as hot as the sun!).
6) If you want more sauce, just heat the remaining jam mixture and pour over the fish.
7) Serve and Enjoy!